On Saturday 12 January 2008 18:58:29 Marc Chamberlin wrote:

> How do I get my headphones to work under SuSE 10.2 so I can listen to
> music played via Amorak at work (without getting shot by my co-workers
> because they may NOT happen to like my particular tastes)?  I have look
> at the settings in Yast, KMix, KDE's Personal Settings, and fooled
> around with em, all to no avail....

Same crap here on my latest laptop. I could make it work with:

http://de.opensuse.org/SDB:Intel-hda
(yes, only german but if you look at it, you should be able to understand
whats important ... or translate it online). You might have play with the
right model= option to find the right one.

I can change volume for speakers and headphones with kmix after the changes.

--
with kind regards,

Martin Lasarsch, Core Services
SUSE LINUX Products GmbH, Maxfeldstr. 5 90409 Nürnberg
GF: Markus Rex, HRB 16746 (AG Nürnberg)
[EMAIL PROTECTED] - http://www.opensuse.org