David C. Rankin wrote:
List, Sandy,

I have one user in Plano that needs to relay mail outbound from/across my server. He has an account on the server and comes in from a fixed IP. How can I configure postfix to allow this user to send mail outbound from my server?

smtpd_recipient_restrictions =
        permit_mynetworks,
        permit_sasl_authenticated,
        check_client_access hash:/etc/postfix/clients_relay_allowed
        reject_unauth_destination,

/etc/postfix/clients_relay_allowed:
#These clients are allowed to relay!
1.2.3.4         OK

You can either let him authenticate (permit_sasl_authenticated) or you add him in clients_relay_allowed. As log as it happens before reject_unauth_destination. I would prefer to let him authenticate.

--
Sandy

List replies only please!