John Shelton wrote:
> I am here because I would like to find out that most of my problems
> with Open Office are related to the learning process and perhaps not
> the fault of the program itself.  Regardless of the problem, I am
> finding it very difficult to "do things" with Open Office that I am
> accustomed to doing with MS Office products. I have downloaded and
> printed a notebook sized tutorial that is very difficult to read and
> follow and understand and have yet been totally unable to find ANY
> tutorial (or any other help) for OO Math.  I find configuring OO
> Writer difficult compared with Word.  (i.e.: setting default fonts,
> page margins, inserting photo's, clip art, etc.)  There is also the
> incompatibility issue with recipients programs when sending documents
> and graphics by email.

>From http://documentation.openoffice.org/manuals/oooauthors2/index.html
http://documentation.openoffice.org/manuals/oooauthors2/0216WG-MathObjects.pdf

How much of your difficulty may be because somethings are simply
different and not exactly the same as you're used to.
There may be some issues with various documents, because Microsoft has
chosen to keep formats secret, so everyone else has to reverse engineer
them.  Some of these issues also occur between different generations of
Microsoft Office.

Also, I don't recall seeing your name before.  Have you asked questions
here about your difficulties?