James Knott wrote:
Doctor Who wrote:
I have a Western Digital 250GB USB drive formatted with NTFS.  I use
it interchangeably with my openSUSE boxes and a Windows XP work
laptop.

When I plug it into my openSUSE laptop, it mounts fine and I can
browse the contents (with Konqueror, for example).  But it does not
let me drag files to the drive because it does not mount the drive
with ntfs-3g support by default.

Is it possible to have the drive mounted with ntfs-3g support
automatically every time it's plugged in with it's own permanent mount
point (like /mnt/wd/)?  If so, how?

Thanks!
Try formatting it with Yast Partitioner and specifying a mount point.

And destroy all of his data on the disk???

Uh..... noooooooo..........

This will create an FSTAB entry, that always causes it to mount correctly.