Hans Witvliet wrote:
On Mon, 2008-01-21 at 07:18 -0500, John B Pace wrote:
I was trying to get AVG anti virus installed and try it on Suse as I was
used to it on the left behind windows (Vista was it! No more
microsoft!). One had to download a tarball to go with it or it wouldn't
work.

Hi Joe,

afaik, avira is included on the closed-source disk from SuSE

And concerning virii, most of them are targetting M$ machines, allthough
there are others (very small number) aiming at solaris, linux, bsd or
webservers in general.

*nix virus:

download and install this file
chmod it to 755