Jerry Houston wrote:
> James Knott wrote:
>
>> Again, teach them the skill.  It doesn't take a genius to find out how
>> to do something in a new app, that they've already been doing.  On the
>> other hand, teaching people that the Microsoft way is the only way is
>> doing them a great disservice.
>>

> Please, review the history of this thread and find where I've ever
> suggested that.

A couple of messages back, IIRC, you said people should learn Microsoft
software to join the work force.  I countered with they should learn how
to use applications.  While many people use Microsoft Office, there are
also many who use Word Perfect or OpenOffice/StarOffice.  With the way
Vista and Office 2007 are going, knowing only Microsoft Office might be
a limiting factor.