Hi,

Earlier today I was notified of a update (10.2, x86_64).

The update was for libxml2 to version 2.6.26-28.  This is a needed security
update according to zypper.  However the package is locked and can't be
updated in this manner.

The problem is that I currently have version 2.6.26-27 from Packman.  (I don't
really know why that is.  I install the usual multimedia stuff from there
plus an occasional "update all in this list" in YOU on the Packman
repository.)

My understanding is that by installing such packages from packman (or other
such repos) security updates for those packages would be up to me.  That
doesn't seem to be what is happening here.

So... why is a SUSE update trying to update a package from Packman?  Is this
normal or is something wrong on my end?

I generally try to keep up with all of the security updates, but I am hesitant
to accept this one since I don't really know what the differences are in the
Packman repository with this particular package and what might break as a
result.

I tried "rpm -q --whatrequires libxml2", but the only Packman package that
showed up there was libxml2-devel-2.6.26-27.pm.1 :-(

Any help/insight would be appreciated.

--
Don