On 2008/01/24 11:26 (GMT-0500) Julian Dunn apparently typed:

> I have a Dell GX270 here (Pentium 4 with HT) that will instantly reboot early
> in the kernel boot process with the above OpenSuSE kernel (I have 10.3
> installed). The only way I can get it to boot is to use the failsafe option
> in GRUB.

> How can I start to debug this problem?

Grub provides you the option to edit the cmdline on the selected kernel. Try
removing one additional parameter per boot from the failsafe selection until
you see which one's removal reproduces the problem.
--
"In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was
with God, and the Word was God." John 1:1 NIV

 Team OS/2 ** Reg. Linux User #211409