Tom Cada wrote:
I have a HP DV9000 series notebook which uses a Nvidia GEForce 6150
video card. I am currently running kernel 2.6.22.13-0.3x86_64.

I updated the drivers using the "one click" install from the openSUSE
community web site. The new driver version is Nvidia 169.07.

Now, when the video goes to sleep say with a close of the notebook
case, when the case is re-opened, the display is not repainted
properly but is completely corrupted. I have to restart the X server
display. The same think happens when the display is shut down by the
power control process.

Try this...if you're using KDE, make all of your desktops have
a different background. Switching from one desktop to another
desktop will force a repaint of the whole screen.

Also ... check ctrl-alt-F10 for clues there