On Jan 25, 2008 11:33 AM, Benji Weber <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Your AM2 CPU will be a 64bit CPU presumably, so you won't need to
> change the kernel, unless you're using 32bit openSUSE.
>
> --
> Benjamin Weber

Hi,

At which point during the installation do you choose 32-bit or 64-bit?
It occurred to me that I've never got to install 64-bit openSUSE.

While we are on this topic, so if you are currently on the default
kernel, to move to the bigsmp kernel, you simply use Software
Management to uninstall the default kernel and install the bigsmp
kernel?

Would that mean that for modules that you compiled by hand will have
to be re-compiled?

---
How