Hi,

Teruel de Campo MD schrieb:
ref: opensuse 10.3 64b
Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux x86_64; en-US; rv:1.8.1.11) Gecko/20071128
SUSE/2.0.0.11-3.1 Firefox/2.0.0.11

I would like to try firefox 32b in opensuse 64b.

1. I can download it from mozilla.org and run it.

2. I can also install it from one of the rpm from the repository

Q: do I have to remove firfox 64 in either of both options?
Of course I will delete the present ~/.mozilla folder (well just rename
it)

The .mozilla/firefox directory is usually no issue when it comes to architecture. If you download from mozilla.com you can install firefox at any location you like and can have it installed in addition to the system provided one. You have to care that the right firefox is starting though.
If you install an RPM it doesn't work to have them parallel installed.
(Actually only the link /usr/bin/firefox would conflict in both packages, so if you know what you are doing you can have them installed both).

Q should I use #1 or #2

I'd go for #2 but probably I'm biased on that. You should just be aware that the openSUSE RPMs are a bit better integrated into the openSUSE environment and carry some patches to achieve that.

Wolfgang