On Friday 25 January 2008 10:44:07 am D Henson wrote:
> I now get no display at all, not even the stuff you normally get when
> you boot the system. Correct me if I'm wrong but shouldn't any PC
> monitor display that stuff, regardless of whether or not a driver is
> installed? All that I do get is "No VGA Input" and "Monitor going to
> Sleep". This sounds like a hardware problem. I removed my existing card
> (GeForce 2) and installed a newer one (GeForce FX 5200). No display.
> Reinstalled the older card. Replaced VGA cable. No display. Removed
> power for 20 seconds & reconnected power. No display. Replaced monitor
> with known good monitor. No display. Now I'm really lost.
>
> Anybody have any suggestions on how to proceed?

It sounds like your problem has nothing to do with latest updates :-(

Check is there any lights on computer, any noise.

If yes, than opening the box is next step.

Reseat all components, RAM first, than all cables you can see.
Power on.

If nothing happens.
Strip down all components on motherboard to bare minimum ie.:
- power supply
- one RAM module and
- graphic adapter

If you have known good components use them. It will tell you on the spot is
motherboard OK or not.

Try to reboot.
If nothing happens look to reset CMOS RAM, usually there is some jumper, or
simply pull the battery out and replace it. Don't rush, let capacitors
discharge.
Power on.

If nothing.
Do as you already did replace graphic adapter, than RAM, power supply one at
the time and power on to check is there any changes.

--
Regards,
Rajko