On 01/27/2008 05:37 AM, Ken Schneider wrote:
openSUSE 10.3, up to date with patches. HP LaserJet 3300 all-in-one.

Has anyone else come across the problem of xsane disabling the printer
after using the scanner of an all-in-one device? I don't recall this
happening with 10.0 which was installed previously. Perhaps this is the
new default for printer/scanner devices?

Are you sure it is xsane? Are you using hplip? version? I remember several folks having a problem with the cups-autoconf program disabling the printer due to a setting. I have a different device (Officejet 5610), and scanning (I use Kooka) works fine. I doubt scanning is the problem. If you are able to use the scanner, then permissions should be setup correctly. My guess is cups-autoconf. IIRC, it was set to disable if it failed to autoconf or something, which could be set to not do that. HTH.

--
Joe Morris