On Sunday 27 January 2008 17:14, Kai Ponte wrote:
> Just thought y'all would get a kick out of this: On my business
> laptop, I'm running Vista with an openSUSE 10.3 VM appliance.

Just hate that business thing..

> I downloaded about 21G of files from our corporate network for me to
> use at home. I have a 500G USB drive here that I use to store stuff
> on.

That's a lot of work.. ;-)

> Well, I copied the files and went to paste them on the USB drive in
> Vista. After about ten minutes, I noticed the progress bar was still
> calculating the time to copy and had a current estimate of 74 hours.

And therein lies the problem. You see, you asked Vista a hard question,
and as it couldn't find the right answer,  it was trying to make one
up. Even that was hard for Vista to do.

> I cancelled the process and fired up the VMWare session of openSUSE.
> I then opened up the host drive via smb and the usb drive. I started
> copying.
>
> 40 minutes later, the process was complete.
>
> Go openSUSE!

Too bad you can't just delete the Vista and install openSuSE. Then maybe
run Vista in a VM session..

Mike