Henk te Sligte wrote:
Hi all,

I am using OpenSuse for about a year now, but I never got Google Earth working. Today, I decided to give it another try. I removed everything related to Google Earth, logged in as root, and installed Google Earth. Installation works fine, no problems at all. But when I tried to run it, X server crashed. Also when I logged in as user, it crashes. I couldn't get anything useful from /var/log/messages, so I tried to find something useful from the internet. The only possible solution I found was at linuxquestions.org: http://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/slackware-14/google-earth-crashes-x-598569/ TaylorVcl recommends running the following: wget http://librarian.launchpad.net/7037027/libGL.so.1 -O libGL.so.1 at the directory /opt/googlearth/. This is where Google Earth is installed, so everything should be fine. And yes, X server doesn't crash anymore when I try to run googlearth. But I get the message located at the bottom of this mail. The log file is attached to this mail. I hope someone has any idea to fix this, because I really love this application.

Thank you very much in advance!

Did you restart google earth so that the bug report would
be sent to Google?

And which version of Google Earth are you using?