G T Smith wrote:
> I think in future I will probably maintain my Perl stuff from CPAN. (The
> nuisance is that for compiled Perl modules one needs to install the
> devel RPMs relevant to the module).

FWIW, that's what I've done for years and generally without any issues
at all. Very occasionally an underlying compiled library from the Suse
distribution is so old that the current CPAN release can't deal with it,
but usually the CPAN modules will cope with binary libraries that are
considerably older than themselves. To a large extent, these occasional
difficulties are self-inflicted because I run Suse releases way past
their sell-by-date.

Cheers, Dave