Hi,

During the 10.3 install from a dvd (that carries the iso from
http://download.opensuse.org/distribution/10.3/iso/dvd/openSUSE-10.3-GM-DVD-i386.iso

and was md5 checked and burned in k3b) the installer suggests to
check media. Which I do and which fails with wrong checksum.

_Maybe_ it fails because of what the installer's help text on the left
hand side suggests: To use "-pad" when burning isos to avoid dangling
sectors which in turn would mess up md5.

This is not mentioned in neither "5. How to proceed" on
http://software.opensuse.org/ nor in "Getting help - Burn DVD Image"
on http://en.opensuse.org/Download_Help#Burn_the_ISO_Image.28s.29

Which are like the "front door".

So if the "use -pad" help from the installer is sound advice then it's
a tad late for that, right?

I'll file the bug report if someone in the know tells me to.

Wolfgang