On Tue, 2008-01-29 at 16:24 +0100, Wolfgang Woehl wrote:
> Dienstag, 29. Januar 2008 Rajko M.:
>
> > Try to install using YaST.
> > Missing dependency exist in main repository so it seems that
> > 1-click is limited to repository that is defined in the nvidia.ymp
> > (the file behind 1-click-install), and it has only one repository
> > http://download.nvidia.com/opensuse/10.3
>
> Rajko, thanks. I did try that to no avail, forgot to mention it.
> Yesterday late night during an online update the nvidia package got
> installed although it was marked with the encircled "-" -- I thought
> that meant "locked" as in "do not install"?
>
> Anyway, it seems to have been a hiccup after all and it got sorted out
> which gives opensuse this cuddly cozy impression a good distro needs.
>
> Wolfgang

I don't speak for sgi here.

It appears that a new opensuse 10.3 kernel is imminent from the most
recent security report.

http://www.novell.com/linux/security/advisories/suse_security_summary_report.html

It appears that the nvidia update at teh nvidia site is probably built
against that.  The dependency error has to do with an incompatible
kernel interface for weak updates.

Note the name of the rpm:

nvidia-gfxG01-kmp-default-169.09_2.6.22.16_0.1-0.1.i586.rpm

There is no released 2.6.22.16_0.1-0.1 yet...

--
Sent from my wired giant hulking workstation

Nate Pearlstein - [EMAIL PROTECTED] - Product Support Engineer