Andreas Jaeger wrote:
> Teruel de Campo MD <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
>
>> On Tue, 2008-01-29 at 12:03 +0100, Andreas Jaeger wrote:
>>
>>> I own an Thinkpad X61s with Intel Graficscard.  The 3945 wireless works
>>> with latest 10.3 kernel update now ok.
>> Andreas, what module are you using now?
>
> I'm running now the current STABLE kernel with the iwl3945 driver.  The
> latest 10.3 kernel has an update to that driver with many bugfixes,
>
> Andreas

How do you get the iwl3945 driver? I have the vanilla 10.3 system with
complete updates (according to opensuse-updater), and I have the ipw3945
driver.

And last time I looked (a couple of weeks ago), Intel said the ipw3945
was the stable version, and iwlwifi (no iwl3945 mentioned) was not yet
recommended.

...Well, I just looked at the Intel site again, and now they say iwlwifi
1.0.0 has been "production" since 8/13/2007.  So why isn't it in suse
now?  Or doesn't "production" mean "stable"?

John Perry