On Thursday, Nov 7, 2002, at 23:09 Europe/London, Patrick Lightbody wrote:

I'm still very happy with my test code that does use the WW framework. I
haven't seen any performance problems (entire suite runs under 1s) but I
suppose my machine might have a little more oomph than yours. Though even on
my old PIII 600Mhz laptop the suite runs in 4seconds max.
:)

I like to treat my
testing of code as purely a blackbox, to the point where i don't even create
the actual object. So I guess in a way I'm not testing each method of my
code, but each instance (alias) in views.properties (I too actually use a
test_views.properties for unit tests). Here's what a typical test looks like
for me:
How do you simulate unusual conditions in your tests (perhaps an Exception that part of your app throws under certain circumstances)? I'd think of mocks as the way to do this, but you probably have some other way of generating these sort of situations.

Obviously, once I'm sure that the individual methods work as expected, it's good to run through a series of tests using the whole framework, but that seems to lack precision. Or am I missing something?

Regards,

Simon