About the design of XWork.

While WebWork was pretty ok, some of the features that were put in are not optimally designed. Here are some of the things I'm concerned about:
* Commands. Having two actions on a page both using commands doesn't work. Generally this feature feels a little weird.
* Validation. Clunky design, and not enough loosely coupled to the action.
* Chaining. IMHO this needs a big rethink, and most of all we need to check: what are the usecases to be implemented.
* Configuration. The monolithic style of the old configuration doesn't really work. It needs to be possible to have multiple "sets" of actions that can play nice together in a webapp.
* Interceptor-style code. The old way was to use base classes to add pre/post execution code (security/transaction handling/etc.). Bad bad bad, for obvious reasons.
* View code. The old taglib contained code that was to some extent duplicated for the Velocity view. This needs to be refactored so that views can share such implementations.

These are the major things I think. Any comments on this? Any other part that needs a rethink?

/Rickard

--
Rickard Öberg
[EMAIL PROTECTED]