Mike Cannon-Brookes wrote:
Copmments:
- <interceptor-ref name=""> is ugly XML! Why not just <interceptor ref="" />
? It's obvious that the name="" attribute refers to the name of an
interceptor from the tag name
Because you'd then mix referring to an interceptor and defining one. Take a look again. If you can think of a better name I'm all for it, but there do need to be two.

- is there a global package?
No, that's why there's the "depends" thing, which usually includes "standard" which in a sense is the global package.

- how are parameterised actions handled? (one of the other main xwork
goals?)
I didn't know that was a goal. The implementation that is currently in CVS sets these parameters on each request, which is a lot of reflection. It seemed too heavy to me. Isn't it better to have configuration be handled in a traditional way? (i.e. by calling some config API) Remember that actions are going to be instantiated ALL THE TIME. Using the Preferences API might be an option here.

/Rickard