Jason Carreira wrote:
I started looking at doing this and ran into some snags. For instance,
if the code calling the Proxy wants to get at the Action, how does it do
that? The ActionInvocation won't even have been created yet, if the
Proxy hasn't been executed, and will the Action make sense in a context
outside of the execute method of the ActionProxy?

Well, that's a damn good question :-) One could argue that an invocation should be created immediately upon creation of actionproxy, and when it's invoked then the reference to it is "lost" so that any subsequent calls to get the action (from the wrapped invocation) would get a new invocation/action. Perhaps not a perfect solution, but it would give us all the right semantics (I think).

After the execute on
the ActionProxy, should the ActionInvocation still be available? All in
all, I was more sure of this design before I started doing it :-)

After the invocation the the invocation should be thrown away (I think).

As you said, it's really only once you start doing it that all these problems emerge. Keep doing it and we'll take the issues as we go along.

/Rickard