Anthony Eden wrote:

Are you trying to allow modifications of Velocity templates stored in an unexpanded WAR? There is not an easy way to do this as far as I know.

Well, it shouldn't be *that* hard, but it'd be a hassle when you do upgrades.... *shiver*

This is not to say it can't be done but its probably not worth the hassle since the interface to files in the Servlet API is geared towards reading only.

I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that Rickard's system doesn't pull templates from the file system but rather from some sort of database.

Yup (from Jisp).

Velocity can pull template data from any ResourceLoader implementation. Therefore you can pull templates from the filesystem, databases, in-memory, or wherever they may reside as long as you provide the appropriate ResourceLoader implementation.

Or (as we do) you can simply give Velocity a String with the template. And of course, String's are easy to store in databases.

/Rickard