Having not read the whole thread, would it be possible for you to make that component implement ServletContextListener as well? Then do the initializations in contextInitialized? Mathias has something like this, in that it uses ww2's IoC, but the class isn't a component in any of the different scopes. The example is here:

http://blogs.atlassian.com/scuttlebutt/java/OptimizeIndexListener.java

Or, just write a servletContextListener that calls the required methods on the component. Just an some ideas. If anyone sees something wrong with this, let me know... :)

/rick

Samuel Mota wrote:
Hi,

No, the application-scoped resource won't be loaded until it's needed (lazy)

Ouch! But is there some way to get my object instanciated BEFORE I need it?

explaining ... my application-scoped resource does a lot of initializations that turns the first
action execution into a big pacience test.

thanks

+ Samuel G. Mota
+ [EMAIL PROTECTED]
+ 55 (11) 4417 7093