I'm having this same issue, so I'd like to know what I'm doing wrong also.

Anoop

On Wednesday, October 15, 2003, at 05:43 PM, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

Hi y'all! :)

Does it make sense that the type converters are not being called to convert fields back into their String (presentation) format? I'm trying to use a Date converter which respects the brazilian time formats (dd/MM/yyyy), and while conversion from String to Date works ok, the Date to String conversion is not being handled by the type converter itself (maybe the TextField tag is just letting Velocity call toString() whenever appropriate). How could I fix that?

peace,
-cv