From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of
Mathias Berg
Sent: Monday, November 17, 2003 12:46 AM
To: WebWork (E-mail)
Subject: [OS-webwork] Changes in validationFramework?

Hi, i wonder if the validation framework has been changed in the recent
time, say 1-2 weeks ago?

I wonder for my test validation page doesn't longer work for me, it work
ok
for about 2 weeks :/ I got the validation file, interceptor ref, and the
action's validation xml file is included as well under the class
catalogue.

xwork------------------
<action name="demoStep1" class="com.tradedoubler.ui.test.DemoAction"
method="doStep1">
            <result name="success"
type="dispatcher">/test/demo/DemoFormStep2.jsp</result>
            <result name="input"
type="dispatcher">/test/demo/DemoFormStep1.jsp</result>
            <interceptor-ref name="component"/>
            <interceptor-ref name="static-params"/>
            <interceptor-ref name="params"/>
            <interceptor-ref name="validation"/>
        </action>

the action has a check on errors.
public class DemoAction extends ActionSupport implements DemoAware {

    public DemoTransport getDemo() {
        return demo;
    }

    public void setDemo(DemoTransport demo) {
        this.demo = demo;
    }

public String doStep1() throws Exception {
        if(hasErrors()){
            return INPUT;
        }else{
            return SUCCESS;
        }
    }
}

validation-------------
DemoAction-doStep1-validation.xml
<!DOCTYPE validators PUBLIC "-//OpenSymphony Group//XWork Validator
1.0//EN"
"http://www.opensymphony.com/xwork/xwork-validator-1.0.dtd";>
<validators>
    <field name="demo.message">
    <field-validator type="requiredstring">
        <message>You must fill in a message!.</message>
    </field-validator>
    </field>
    <field name="demo.countryId">
    <field-validator type="requiredstring">
        <message>You must choose a country!.</message>
    </field-validator>
    </field>
</validators>

JSP---------------------------------
<ww:include page="/include/errorDisplay.jsp" />
<ww:form action="'demoStep1.action'" method="'post'" name="'frm'">

        <ww:select label="'Country'" name="'demo.countryId'"
list="demo.countries" listKey="key" listValue="value" multiple="true"
size="8"  />
        <ww:textarea label="'Skriv ett meddelande'"
name="'demo.message'"
cols="'10'" rows="'5'" value="''" />
        <ww:submit value="'Skicka'" />
</ww:form>

What else do you need ... I get no errors, only a dispatch to the second
page.

/Mathias