As far as I am concerned this approach is not the correct one ! I explain my
point of view with an example :

With the latest XWork+WW2 cvs snapshot, you can write a select tag both ways
:

1/

#tag(Select "name='nameValue'" ...) -> in this case, the parameter with
key=name and value=stack.findValue("nameValue") is added to the parameters
map.

is equivalent to

#bodytag(Select )
        #param("name" "nameValue")  -> in this case, the parameter with key=name
and value=nameValue is added to the parameters map.
#end

2/

#tag(Select "name=nameValue" ...)

is equivalent to

#bodytag(Select )
        #param("name" "$stack.findValue($nameValue)")
#end

--------
You can admit it's not very coherent, you have two different behaviors
according to what you use (extra tags or external params) whereas the same
handling behind is used (extra tags are converted as parameters).

Can you explain to me what are your arguments ?

Richard HALLIER
Chef de projet
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
01.40.12.41.52