I downloaded from CVS this morning and built it, and the resulting jar was labeled beta 2, so I'm assuming yes.

Where would the escaping code be so I can look into whether it's actually happening?

Anoop

On Nov 19, 2003, at 3:54 PM, Jason Carreira wrote:

It's supposed to be escaping them... Which version are you using, the
new beta2?

-----Original Message-----
From: Anoop Ranganath [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, November 19, 2003 3:16 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [OS-webwork] escaping text in text fields

We're having an issue with our WW2 application and we're not sure whether it's a bug or a feature.

In a text field, enter ® and click Save once.  It returns
us to the
form, but now instead of the text ® we see the Registered
symbol.
Viewing the source of the web page, shows that it is still showing up
as ® and the browser is rendering the Registered symbol.  Click
Save again without changing anything, and you still see the
Registered
symbol, and in the source of the web page, we are seeing the
registered
symbol also.

Checking the database, we see that the first save puts in the
® and
the second save puts in the Registered symbol.

Problems also occur with putting HTML into text fields.

So the question is, is it's WW2's responsibility to escape
text in the
text tags when displaying them on the screen?  I would say "Yes" but
that's probably because of the side of the fence I'm sitting on.  At
the same time, clicking Save without changing anything on the form
shouldn't result in a database change.

Opinions?

Anoop