From: Martin Kreiner [mailto:m.krei...@levigo.de]
Sent: Monday, May 03, 2010 8:15 AM
To: openthinclient-user@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: Re: [openthinclient-user] OTC server with clientsin
differentsubnets

hi brian,

i'am pretty sure the concerns of your network admins are unnecessary.
if you have multiple ip helper-addresses defined, any UDP broadcasts
recieved
on the allowed udp ports will be unicasted to EACH of the IP helpers.
as the openthinclient DHCP proxy does not interfere with DHCP servers
it's
absolutely save to add the second ip helper-addresses.

furthermore this is best practice for using DHCP proxies and i've seen
this
setup working dozens of times at more complex otc installations.

however, there is an alternative solution for your problem. apparently
you will
lose the "auto-discover" feature of openthinclient and you have to add
your
thin clients manually:

you can add two DHCP options to tell your thin client where to boot from
and
which Network Bootstrap Program (NBP) to use. these options depend on
your DHCP
implementation and should be set to:

next-server/TFTP Boot Server Host (DHCP Option 66):
<IP_OR_NAME_OF_YOUR_OTC_SERVER>

filename/Bootfile Name (DHCP Option 67):
pxelinux.0 or /pxelinux.0

regards,
martin