Julian,

Thanks for the prompt response:

Assigned applications for the client include only 'desktop' as you suggested;
no change noted to the client loading process

Boot options for client configured as follows (all quotes are my emphasis and
not part of the actual string):

+NFS server - "${myip}" as default from schema client
+NFS share - "/openthinclient" as default from schema client
+TFTP boot server - "${myip}" as default from schema client
+Boot file name - "(no default)"
+Kernel file name - "(no default)"
+initrd file name - "(no default)"
+Additional kernel parameters- "(no default)"

Boot options for realm are as follows:

+NFS Server - "${myip}" as default from realm
+NFS Share - "/openthinclient" as default from realm
+TFTP boot server - "${myip}" as default from realm
+Track unrecognized PXE Clients - "yes" as default from realm
+PXE-service - "Auto" as default from realm
+PXE-service Policy - "Registered clients only" as default from realm

Do you know of any specific user security or sharing settings required for the
Windows \Program Files (x86)\openthinclient directory?

The client cannot mount /root, /oldroot, /dev; nor can it open the /root/etc or
find the /dev, /sys, /prof directories.

Checking the host server's "\Program Files
(x86)\openthinclient\server\default\data\nfs\root" directory contains only the
following subdirectories:

\custom
\deploy
\etc