Dear OpenVAS users,

following the release of OpenVAS-4, our server for the OpenVAS NVT Feed
came under heavy load and some of you might have experienced timeouts or other
failures of the feed sync process.

Early this month with have set up a new and much stronger server for the
OpenVAS NVT Feed.

The load increased almost by a factor of 10 since our OpenVAS-4 announcment.
Our new server will be capable of serving even a lot more. Please let the
OpenVAS team know in case you still experience any further problems with
availability of the feed service.

Furthermore, we have changed the default sync method of the newest scanner
release
to run a much faster method when synchronising for the first time.

Best regards

  Your OpenVAS Development Team

Greenbone Networks GmbH, Neuer Graben 17, 49074 Osnabrück | AG Osnabrück, HR B
202460