Having just setup OpenVAS, I test scanned the local machine, and a couple
issues were noted. I tried to scan my server that is only listening on two
obscure ports, and I setup a port list with only these two ports in it,
bound it to a target (the IP of this host), and then I ran a "full and fast"
scan. The scan finishes very fast - about 2 minutes, and the report comes
back with no open ports, the severity shows N/A, the report shows "0
results", but it does show "However, this report contains 1 host." I'm not
sure if nmap could be a problem, since running ./openvas-check-setup yield
the following:

        WARNING: Your version of nmap is not fully supported: 6.47

        SUGGEST: You should install nmap 5.51 if you plan to use the nmap
NSE NVTs.

I've seen various posts commenting on this, but I've not found a resolution.
Can anyone throw some ideas at me as to what I might try? Thanks