I'm confused about the NVT update process. I see both openvas-nvt-sync and
openvas-nvt-sync-cron, but if I'm understanding this properly, the new NVTs
will not take effect until either the server is rebooted or the openvas
service is restarted? I've read some posts that indicates the database has
to be rebuilt using "openvasmd -rebuild"? Is this the case? I have the
latest openvas-nvt-sync and openvas-nvt-sync-cron scripts, and I've read
this isn't enough, and that the server still has to be rebooted. Is this
correct? I can reboot the server so many minutes after running the nvt
updates using cron, but is there a more elegant way to do this?
Incidentally, there is "/etc/init.d/openvas-manager restart > /dev/null
2>&1" inside the cron script which is an invalid path for my CentOS 7
installation, and I cannot find an executable anywhere on the system called
"openvas-manager". I know I'm missing something here, but can someone please
help me out regarding an automated NVT update process? I really appreciate
any assistance.

Thanks - Baskervi