Hi,

I tried installing openvas using below link and was able to install
successfully in one environment (which does not need proxy to connect
internet)

http://www.dangtrinh.com/2015/05/install-openvas-8-in-ubuntu-1404-using.html

But in other environment where we need proxy to connect is throwing error
as below.

root@openvas:/home/ubuntu# openvas-scapdata-sync
[i] This script synchronizes a SCAP data directory with the OpenVAS one.
[i] This script is for the SQLite3 backend.
[i] SCAP dir: /var/lib/openvas/scap-data
[i] Will use rsync
[i] Using rsync: /usr/bin/rsync
[i] Configured SCAP data rsync feed: rsync://feed.openvas.org:/scap-data
rsync: failed to connect to feed.openvas.org (2a01:130:2000:127::d1):
Network is unreachable (101)
rsync: failed to connect to feed.openvas.org (89.146.224.58): Connection
timed out (110)
rsync error: error in socket IO (code 10) at clientserver.c(128)
[Receiver=3.1.0]
[e] Error: rsync failed. Your SCAP data might be broken now.

Could you please help on this.

Thanks,
Satheesh