Hi,

On 10.01.2017 21:32, TN TN wrote:
> A small update here I think the second step should be:
>
> # Make sure the openvasmd (openvas manager) process is running and issue
> the command
> openvasmd --update

with OpenVAS9+ you only need to run:

greenbone-nvt-sync

and optionally:

greenbone-scapdata-sync
greenbone-certdata-sync

The greenbone-nvt-sync is now doing the previous SIGHUP to the scanner
and the rebuild of the manager on its own (as long as you don't pass the
--sync-only).

Not sure about your "update the NVTs without interrupting
any ongoing scans" question. I would suggest to do a short test on your own.

Regards,

--

Christian Fischer | PGP Key: 0x54F3CE5B76C597AD
Greenbone Networks GmbH | http://greenbone.net