Which version are you using?

Jay

发件人: bulw...@wp.pl
发送时间: 2017年1月16日 18:19
收件人: openvas-discuss@wald.intevation.org
主题: [Openvas-discuss] Problems with OpenVAS (long scan, scan stuck,demand for a
lot of CPU cores)

Hi all!

from long time ago in our company we use OpenVAS. Since few months we have many
different problems with this software.

LONG SCAN
Last time when we use OpenVAS it was scan longer than usually. Generally we set
up scans on the same settings, but I noticed, that time needed for scan per one
host is sometimes 3 times longer than in other environment. Does someone have
the same problem?

SCAN STUCK
In some cases scan suddently stuck, I mean that when we check running processes
when scan is running (by ps aux | grep openvas) system displays, something like
that:
testing xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx (/var/lib/openvas/plugins/nmap.nasl)

It's very strange, because when I use tcpdump to check, that my machine scan
xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx IP address, there is no traffic to this host.

DEMAND FOR A LOT OF CPU CORES
Some time ago when I used laptop with dual core CPU it was overheat, I loose a
control for him (no response for almost 15 minutes). When I retrieve access to
the machine, for long term [FONT=Courier New]top[/FONT] process display CPU
load for almost 16 cores. I suspect, that the reason of this situation was a
low CPU clock rate.

Does anyone have any idea to solve above issues?

Best regards