Hello,

I would like to ask some clarification of all the sync commands. The
documentation I can find treats these commands as "magic" and doesn't discuss
the context around using them. So far, it appears that a full update to a
scanner requires these commands:

openvas-nvt-sync
openvas-scapdata-sync
openvas-certdata-sync
systemctl restart openvas-scanner openvas-manager
openvasmd --rebuild --progress

1. Is this the correct complete set of commands to sync everything one should
sync?

2. Approximately how often should each of these commands be run? Hourly,
daily, weekly, monthly, etc.?

3. Is it indeed necessary to run openvasmd --rebuild --progress? Or will the
right portions of the NVT cache be rebuilt automatically after a sync? Because
this command takes a very long time.

4. Let's imagine I have greater than one scanner system at some company, and
some of them have no Internet access. How can I internally sync the scanners?
Both to prevent overloading OpenVAS sync servers, having IPs blocked, and
making outbound connections that would not work, etc.?

Can / should I just internally sync the following directories?

/var/lib/openvas/plugins
/var/lib/openvas/scap-data
/var/lib/openvas/cert-data

Are there additional directories / files one must sync or other commands one
must perform for an internal sync to work?

Thanks,
Matthew.