On Tue, 2002-07-02 at 20:34, James Yonan wrote:
> I'd like to hear your opinions on how the OpenVPN project should handle
> patches which break backward compatibility.
> Here are some answers that come to mind:
>
> (1) Accumulate such patches and merge them all at once in a future release
> such as 1.3.0 or 2.0.0, while warning users that this release will not be
> backward compatible.

I'd prefer this one. Even though ssh seems to work nicely, you wind up
(at least when you have versions 1.3, 1.5 and 2) with lots of weird code
that you can't figure out if it runs or not.

I'd like the more clean model without too much #ifdefs. With several
platforms and stuff, you'll have enough of those anyhow. =)

--
Jan Johansson (jan.johans...@biomatsys.com)
BioMat System AB

THIS COMMUNICATION IS ONLY INTENDED FOR THE USE OF THE INDIVIDUAL, OR
ENTITY, TO WHICH IT IS DIRECTED AND MAY CONTAIN INFORMATION THAT IS
PRIVILEGED, CONFIDENTIAL AND EXEMPT FROM DISCLOSURE UNDER APPLICABLE
LAW.  IF RECEIVED IN ERROR: PLEASE NOTIFY US IMMEDIATELY THROUGH
i...@biomatsys.com.