OpenVPN 1.5-beta8 is now available, and has some significant new features.

* The major addition is "tun" device support for Windows, making OpenVPN on
Windows now capable of connecting with OpenVPN running on any other platform.

* A set of --route options have been added to ease route management for routes
which are tied to VPN tunnels.

* The --ifconfig option has been extended to work with both tun or tap
interfaces, and now also works on Windows.

* Diagnostic capabilities have been improved with the new --mtu-test option
and a better options consistency check that now works in all crypto
configurations.

* Due to the problem of "PMTU Black holes" or routers which interfere with
Path MTU discovery or packet fragmentation, two workarounds are presented:
--fragment and --mssfix.  --fragment fragments packets internally, and
--mssfix implements the "CLAMP MSS" capability which is found in some
firewalls to set an upper bound on TCP segment size.

* The Windows driver has been upgraded to be SMP safe.

Still to do:  I don't have access to a NetBSD or Mac OS X box, so I did not
have a chance to code and test the --route command semantics for those
platforms.

James