this was just a quick note to request that you do some whitespace foo
> (in particular CR/LF stuff) for the openvpn generated secret files as > this seems to cause pain when setting up keys generated by one or other > platform and then transferring them (my test platform was win2k -> > freebsd-4.8). Not sure what the problem is. If you generate a static key on Windows, you will get CR-LF line termination. If you generate on *nix, you will get LF-only (i.e. newline) termination. Each platform generates interoperable keys. The only strange behaviour I
 noticed is if you generate a key on Linux then try to edit it with a dumb
 editor on windows (such as Notepad), it doesn't "get" the line termination
 right.  But OpenVPN will still read the key correctly, as the key reader is
 mostly whitespace independent.

ok, then the problem is that it's not working as expected. in trhis case the key was generated on the win2k side and placed on the bsd server. tls-auth failed. after editing with vi and removing ^M characters from end of each line, tls-auth passed.

btw, when i tested with win-xp and a key generated on the bsd side i had no problem, so i have seen it working as described as well, but on a different platform.

cheers,
Adam
--
Adam Laurie                   Tel: +44 (20) 8742 0755
A.L. Digital Ltd.             Fax: +44 (20) 8742 5995