hi,
a few mounth ago I requested the redirect-gateway feature and James was so kind to implement that feature. we use it but have to face another problem. our windows 2000/xp road-warrior clinets are not so "road warrior". this means that the clinets has a DSL connection over which we use openvpn's vitual interface, and they always at the same place, but may get a new ip, but these machines always up. but unfortunately our ISP periodicaly (after 24 hours) disconnect the connection. and here comes the problems. - we need to reconnect our client to the internet (redial the adsl connection).
- after we redial restart the openvpn service.
probably you don't understand why we need to restart openvpn service?! because we use the redirect-gateway option in openvpn! and even if we use the ping-restart options that's not enough. since the when we redial we can get a new ip. anyway this may happend even without redial! if the dhcp server gives a new ip for the client than the old route table and the old default gateway no longer valid.

what can be the solution?

a new feature for openvpn servicve:
- a new options -pre-up similar to the up script, but before the openvpn do anything else (which can be any kind of program which run synchronously with the same parameters as up). - and the redirect-gateway's down and up part should have to run when restart (eg. ping-restart) is called.

in this case we can dial in this script.

our do I misunderstood something?
thanks in advance.
yours.