Hi Lonnie,

this could already be done with 1.6 by some tweaks and using inetd.
I have tried it and it worked fine.
Disadvantage: one OpenVPN process per user is created -> memory consumption.

In the FAQ on the openvpn homepage, there is a short howto:
"How can I implement OpenVPN as a classic, forking TCP server
which can service multiple clients over a single TCP port?"

Stephan

Hello All,

Well, I've been away from the list for a little while and was wondering if someone could please bring me up to speed on the development of the "Many-to-One" TCP progress?

It is my understanding that in the OpenVPN 2.0 (early) Beta, that UDP connections can be established in a many to one TAP/TUN interface, but how about the TCP side?

I am hoping to get a project under way as soon at this has been implemented.

Thanks All,
Lonnie