On Tue, 14 Sep 2004 19:29:33 -0000, James Yonan wrote:
> I've been considering various ways that the OpenVPN project might become
> financially self-sustaining.  While this has been discussed in the past, the
> discussion usually centered around donations.  I'd like to propose and invite
> discussion on another potential fundraising method.
[...]
> Being able to sell commercial licenses would bring badly needed funding into

I wonder who would be willing to buy a commercial license of OpenVPN. Unlike
ReiserFS, OpenVPN is a standalone application and commercial vendors that
like to distribute OpenVPN can already use the GPL licensed version (they
only have to also offer the source code of OpenVPN).

Buying a commercial license instead of using the GPL'd version only seems to
make sense if you want to extend OpenVPN (but don't want to share the source
code of your extensions).

bye, Christof

--
http://cmeerw.org                                 JID: cme...@jabber.at