Hi James,

Someone else wrote me about the "Assertion failed at crypto.c:147"
problem. This guy's error was on line 149, but that could be due to a
different OpenVPN version. Anyway, I attached the mail to the Debian BTS
[1], and you may want to contact him [2] to get further information.

In another bug report, we got a little patch that solves the problem of
specifying the --daemon option both in the init.d script and in the
configuration file. Specifying both now causes a fatal error, with the
patch, only a warning is issued and the one in the configuration file is
used. [3] I applied the patch for the init.d script, so it won't specify
the --daemon option if it's already in the configuration file, but I
think the one for options.c seems to be a better solution.

Regards,

Alberto

[2] Trey Kelso <tkelso[A T]focuspools.com>

Alberto Gonzalez Iniesta    | Formación, consultoría y soporte técnico
agi@(inittab.org|debian.org)| en GNU/Linux y software libre
Encrypted mail preferred    | http://inittab.org

Key fingerprint = 9782 04E7 2B75 405C F5E9  0C81 C514 AF8E 4BA4 01C3