Reposting in text format. Sorry for the trouble...some configuration problem
with my email program.
-------------------------------

Hi,
  Does openvpn support any plug-in for viewing and modifying the payload
to/from tunnel just before encryption and after decryption? I need to add
some fields in the messages going to and coming from tunnel. I need this for
both control and data messages.
I looked into 2.0_beta18 and didn't find any. I am planning to add such
plug-in. The point I identified are:
for changing messages flowing to tunnel:
        In the beginning of method encrypt_sign.
for changing messages flowing from tunnel:
        At the end of method process_incoming_link just before processing of
ping and occ messages.
This is based on my assumption that all messages to tunnel are calling
encrypt_sign method for encrypting the data. Do you have any plan to change
the logic/name/location for these methods which may alter this assumption.
Please comment.
Regards,
Satinder Singh