From: Ron <r...@debian.org>
To: Alberto Gonzalez Iniesta <a...@inittab.org>
Subject: openvpn config parsing
Date: Fri, 10 Dec 2004 12:09:42 +1030

Hi Alberto,

Recent updates of openvpn appear to have changed the handling
of whitespace in tls certificate names.

ie. for:

Subject: C=Oz, ST=Secured, L=Zone, O=Riviera tunnel, OU=uoa VPN client,
         CN=twain.riviera.oz/emailAddress=keymaster@oz

I used to need:

tls-remote
/C=Oz/ST=Secured/L=Zone/O=Riviera.tunnel/OU=uoa.VPN.client/CN=twain.riviera.oz/emailAddress=keymaster@oz

Now it needs '_' not '.' for spaces:

tls-remote
/C=Oz/ST=Secured/L=Zone/O=Riviera_tunnel/OU=uoa_VPN_client/CN=twain.riviera.oz/emailAddress=keymaster@oz

This might be worth a mention in the readme, it broke my
existing setup 'silently' -- though it might have been easier
to find if I didn't run off chasing red herrings based on prior
upgrade breakages first :-)

Anyway, thanks for maintaining this one, speaking as an old time
user of cipe, this really is a very nice 'next step' in that
problem space.

best,
Ron

----- End forwarded message -----

--
Alberto Gonzalez Iniesta    | Formación, consultoría y soporte técnico
agi@(inittab.org|debian.org)| en GNU/Linux y software libre

Key fingerprint = 9782 04E7 2B75 405C F5E9  0C81 C514 AF8E 4BA4 01C3