Ondra Medek wrote:
Hi,

I've made easy-rsa 2.0 support for PKCS#11 (it makes a certificate from a
token). If you are interested, then it is at

Hello,

Thank you for your patch.

In my view it lacks the following features:
1. Allow the user to specify his own PKCS#11 library.
2. Generate a new key.
3. Load the X.509 certificate into the token.

I though of implementing a similar interface but the lack of ability to supply engine-pre from openssl command line, and the lack of standard tool to generate keys and import a certificate, made me drop the issue.

Now when I think of it, issue#1 can be solved by a symbolic link, you can have the configuration point to a local symbolic link that is linked by the script to the requested provider.

And when I look at the new version of opensc (0.10.0) I see that they improved their pkcs11-tool significantly, so that maybe it can be used to generate keys and import certificate for every provider now.

Are you willing to adjust your implementation and fix these issues? I will do it when I have some free time.

Best Regards,
Alon Bar-Lev.