hi,

We are trying to build a network compression tool which will compress the data that is transfered between two machines. While lzo, performs very well for text-based data, we thought it would be nice to use different compression algorithms for different types of data.

Since OPENVPN supports lzo compression we are using that for the initial version. We also noticed that the compression is done at the packet level. Is there any way that we can specify an additional compression algorithm to be used ?

If we have for e.g., basically two types to data that is sent over the network, lets say one type that compresses well with lzo, and another type that is better when compressed with another algorithm (or that is better off uncompressed), does that mean we'll have to run two instances of OPENVPN?

Thanking in advance,

Mindika