Nejc Skoberne wrote:
Hi again,

Any ideas how could I fix this? I would need to hard-recode the buffer length (1024)?

Take a look to the change log of OpenVPN. It says:

  To increase the push list capacity (must be done on both
  client and server), increase TLS_CHANNEL_BUF_SIZE in
  common.h (default=1024).

So if you are changing this macro definition you should
be able to use longer lists.

so there is no other way than to compile the Windows version too? It doesn't look really trivial to get the DDK stuff from Microsoft to be able to compile OpenVPN
for windows.
You don't need the DDK unless you want to recompile the TAP-Win32 device driver. To rebuild only OpenVPN itself, you only need the free MinGW compiler.

Why is this limit so low anyway? Would it really hurt anything so badly if it was
let's say 4 times of what it is currently?

It might be worth raising -- the main reason why it's low is that making it higher would increase static memory usage, and probably less than 1% of users are pushing large numbers of routes.

It would be good if someone wanted to volunteer to write some code to make the buffer allocation code for the push/pull list dynamic rather than static -- then we could do away with the static limit.

James